Sunday, June 29, 2014

In this moment, I am happy

It has taken me a very long time to get to where I am right now. Summer has officially begun, both for me as a teacher and as a season. And although it was very (very) hard for me to say goodbye to several of my lovely students and my amazing colleagues, I am at an incredible point in my life right now.

For the first time in my recent memory I am happy to be in the RIGHT NOW. I'm happy for each moment, and not worried or constantly daydreaming about tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, there were many moments in my life in the past years that made me grateful to be in the moment. But normal life stressors - work, work and more work - always crept back up. This past year has been worse than usual because I knew that it was my last year and I took on more work than maybe was sensible. I tried to take everything in, do everything I could, enjoy every moment with my students, colleagues, friends and family. But still, I was always secretly counting down the months, days, minutes and seconds until this moment. This moment where my dream of my big trip is just around the corner, but not here yet. This moment where I can just enjoy being me without the stressors. And as I look out the window at another beautiful sunset I feel nothing but happiness and excitement for today, this second.

In this moment, I am happy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment