Tuesday, July 8, 2014

See Ya Later, Alligator

I went to my school today, one more time. I needed to drop off some thank you presents and say goodbye to a few people. As I was saying goodbye to a lovely IT staff, I nearly started sobbing. Until that moment, I had been in complete denial of leaving. I knew I was going of course. I am VERY excited about my trip, my house, and my new life adventure. But I am leaving behind so many friends, colleagues and students that I care about, and I am just ignoring that it is happening. Unfortunately, I can't ignore it for much longer. Tomorrow is our last full day in Switzerland, which really means we are at the end of our time here. And we still have to pack everything.

Oh dear.

So saying goodbye to some people today - a real, final goodbye - was almost too much for me. Until that moment, I had only been saying, "See ya later, alligator!" because I hate saying goodbye. And I had another 10 days in Switzerland, so you never know, we might have run into each other again. And it's not like I'm moving to Mars or the Moon or even America! I'm only moving to Scotland, 1.5 hours away by flight. And you bet your booties I'll be back visiting when I can. I have too many people here that I love to stay away for too long.

So I refuse any goodbyes, just see ya laters. Because I plan on living a long, lovely, life, and I will come back to see these amazing people who have been so big in my life for the last three years.

It's never goodbye. Just, "See ya later, Alligator!"

And I hope you'll say, "In a while, Crocodile!"






No comments:

Post a Comment