Sunday, June 15, 2014

Ode To Daddy-O

As father's day approaches, I think of my amazing, wonderful, fantastic father. If I had been able to pick a dad from a line up, I couldn't have chosen better.



From the first moment I met you
I knew you were someone who
Would always love me, always care
And above all, would always share

Your ice cream, your love and lots of hugs
And the margaritas that we like to glug
Your hopes your dreams and passions too
In hopes that some of it would get through

Your beautiful voice and never-ending songs
Ensured me that life might someday go wrong
But it was ok, because no matter what
You'd always be there to cover my.... uh...


The snuggles, the cuddles and a sweet lullaby
Makes me wonder inside a child's mind
Never ending support and sound advice
Helped me grow from a child without thinking twice

Even now, out of my house I have grown
And far away from my house I have flown
I miss my dear daddy every day
And sometime I just want to say, "Hey!"

You're the coolest guy I could have picked
And if I may, I will predict
That for the many years to come
The guitar together, we will strum

So thanks for everything you've given me
The love, the hope, the wisdom, the guarantee
That no matter where my life my go
You'll always be there, this I know






On the cruise to Alaksa together - singing, sight-seeing and endless fun with my favorite dad :)


Christmas at home is never a dull moment - champagne, you ask? Why yes, of course!


 My parents come to visit me, no matter how far. We still find time for songs and wine!




No comments:

Post a Comment