Saturday, June 4, 2011

Wedding Day

This, unfortunately is going to be a very short short. I slept well last night even though I had a few early morning well wishes (who I ignored in favor of more sleep). I have been told several times that the day will fly by, that I need to really enjoy every moment. Well in this moment I am surrounded by my friends in the hotel room and it is wonderful. Yesterday we had our rehearsal dinner, and invited all of the out-of-town guests. The big party was at the Hawkins house, and it was perfect for socializing and chatting to everyone. I had a really nice time catching up with out of town guests, family members and friends. I only wish that I had 100 more hours to really give each person my full attention for an extended amount of time. This wedding has been like a week event, and I am exhausted but happy. As the wedding continues on, I realize how important it is to have a wedding. Even though it is expensive, time consuming and tiring, it is one of the few times in your life when you can be with everyone you love all at the same time. It is difficult to make people travel to visit you, but wedding and funerals seem to be an exception. I would much rather see everyone while I am alive. The only person who is missing who I really wish was here is my grandpa. We will make him his own special video, but I still want to give him a big hug and see his big smile.


Now it's breakfast time (it's written in my schedule!). The day is going to rush by so I will just take a breath, and enjoy that I will still have the person I love most with me when it is all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment