Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Leiden in the Rain



By now you've probably guessed where I am - Leiden! It's a small town 40 minutes south-ish of Amsterdam. The moment I arrived it started pouring, so I am hiding in yet another cafe. I've had tea and coffee and soup and I've already moved onto a nice white beer. I keep hoping the rain will let up a bit, as I'd like to wander (and wandering in the rain is not so much fun). If I just wait for there to be good weather, will I ever leave? 

I met one of Paul's old colleagues and his wife yesterday. They live here now, in Amsterdam, and they love it. They've even lived in Edinburgh before, and they loved it there as well. The only real difference? They think the weather is better in Amsterdam. Let's recap- it's been raining continuously since Saturday with no signs of stopping. Maybe this is a training time for me, to remember that even if it's raining, you just have to get out there. At the end of the day I have a dry place to return to and dry clothes to change into. So what's a little rain to stop me? I'm not made of sugar, am I?


1 comment:

  1. Ha! The last time I looked, no, you weren't made of sugar. :) You should buy one of these for Edinburgh:
    http://www.shoppingblog.com/ufo-cap-is-a-funny-looking-alternative-to-umbrellas-9030917 and these http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RNmlECg8ltQ/Sl7e-UnkqSI/AAAAAAAAAxU/9f5aZUOLdLs/s1600/World_Most_Bizarre_Shoes_Ever__1%5B1%5D.jpg
    :D
    Hope the rain subsides soon!
    xx

    ReplyDelete