Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Summer Time

I am officially just over a week into summer holiday, and I am loving it! It is nice to finally sit back, sleep in, and relax a bit. My favorite part about summer is that I have so much freedom to choose what to do. I went to a BBQ last Friday and met some American girls who were visiting Switzerland and going to Interlaken on Sunday. I was trying to describe a hike they should take and some of the things to see and then I just thought, Hey! I'll come with you! So Sunday morning I packed a small bag, hopped on a train and arrived in Interlaken. We had a great day hiking, enjoying the views and then some Mexican food for dinner (with margaritas of course). The next day we did a bit of shopping, more eating then I just headed home. I like being able to be spontaneous, and I really want to use my summer to the best of my advantage. Although it can be tempting to just sit inside and veg out with a book or a movie, I am trying to get myself up and out of the house to do things that are fun, challenging, unique and exciting without going completely broke. I want to remember my summer, not just look back a little sad and think about all the things I didn't do because I was too lazy.

If you had 3 weeks of summer holiday where you live, what would you do? Would you push yourself to be active and out there, or would you spend a lot of time relaxing with all your free time? Remember, most of your friends are probably still working, so your adventures may be alone!

I read this quote today which I thought was very interesting - using every minute of every day, as you will never get your time back.

On the other hand, if you spend all your time rushing around, you may never get to really enjoy nice, quiet, solitary time. I find it very difficult sometimes to relax and just enjoy taking in the view or do nothing. I'm all go go go.








Our hike to the valley - it was mostly uphill on the way there and slow going.
We cooled off in this lovely, shower like waterfall.

The end of our hike, beautiful as ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment