Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Across the Lake in Evian

The little street market
Going along with my theme of trying to make the most of this summer, Paul and I headed out for a day trip on Saturday across the lake. We took the ferry which was free for Paul with his GA card and half price for me! So we checked times and leisurely wandered down to the dock to wait for the next boat. Once there I remembered that I hadn't brought my passport (oops), but it turns out nobody checks those when you're just going to France. On the way over, we got a beer and relaxed, enjoying the views out the window. It's lot a long trip across (about 30 minutes) so we were there before we knew it. Evian is a small little town with not much going on. We walked through a small market which was very touristy, then headed back to the water in search of a bar that would allow us to enjoy the great weather an gaze over to Switzerland. After much walking we finally found a nice place and settled in. I forget sometimes how much I just enjoy talking to Paul. Life seems to get in the way sometimes and even this summer I have been so active we haven't had as much us time as I'd like. This day more than made up for that! After a few drinks, we decided to try to find a dinner place. It took us a while, but we found a nice Italian restaurant called Momento. Yum! I literally could not stop eating my meal and the house wine was incroyable! We finished just in time to catch the next ferry home - during the sunset! The ride was so beautiful and everything was so calm. I need to remember to make more time for days like these :)

This tree was growing horizontally with supports!

Evian coast

Appetizers before dinner


Look! It's France!



LOVE this sunset!



Pulling into the harbor






No comments:

Post a Comment