Friday, May 11, 2012

Birthday Wishes

Lately I feel like things have been a bit more crazy than normal. After my birthday, we now have just 7 weeks before summer vacation. And while that is amazing (who doesn't love a whole summer off?) I am stressed with all that I must finish before school is over. On the other side of that, I can't wait for it to be summer. It's almost like I am living for my Fridays but dreading the constant onward march of the days. So which is it? I ask myself most days. Do I want it to be summer, or do I want more time in school? I really have no idea. Next week is another little mini break for us - Thursday and Friday off for Ascension. Its like a little mini holiday before the real holiday. 


Summer in a way has already arrived. It is 30*C (86*F!) and still only the beginning of May. With this incredible heat the children are exhausted and hot - and so are the teachers! I just spent the last hour sitting on my sun soaked patio reading and drinking a coldish beer. Well it was cold for about 5 minutes, then the sun started to boil it. Hello summer! I've heard this weather won't last, which is good, because by now I have decided I am not quite ready for summer.


Last weekend was my birthday, which I wrote a bit about. I had a nice moment the day after my birthday, when my friend Becky had made me a Recess PB cake - which was amazing. She lit candles and everything, something that doesn't happen often as you get older.








 I tried to think of a wish, but what could I wish for? I am living in a gorgeous apartment in a beautiful country. I have amazing friends scattered throughout the world, I am married to my perfect guy, and I get to teach amazing kids every day! So what does the person who is perfectly happy with for. I came up blank and just blew out the candles. But this year, I've decided to wish for: 


1) Good health for my family, friends, and myself
2) Happiness for those I love most
3) A little reduction in stress (my grad degree is almost over!)


I think those are nice wishes, but I can't see anything getting better next year. Well, maybe if my French improved a little I would like that. So what would you wish for if it was your birthday?

No comments:

Post a Comment