Sunday, February 5, 2012

It's Sunday, Posting Day

It's Sunday again. I am amazed at how quickly the weeks come and go. Every few moments I look up from my classwork, school work, teacher work and think, "WOW, that week is already over!"


I don't have much to share here, as I haven't managed to get surgery, a highly contagious virus, or any other number of weird things to happen to me. Well except my neck/shoulder/arm thing, but that isn't new or exciting. I just think it is important to keep writing, even if I am not sure what I have to say. I'm always thinking a million things, and it feels good to put them in writing. Dad says we are a family of singers, writers and artists. I am proud to be part of that family and I want to keep up the tradition. Today while I cooked dinner I was singing. While the lasagna was in the oven I was drawing. And now, here I am, writing.


Here are some random thoughts from this week:


Teaching
I absolutely love teaching - I am so glad I chose a profession that makes me so happy. I wish everyone could be as lucky as I am. There are also many things I don't like about my current job that could be remedied should I switch schools. I don't like the bureaucracy, the low trust of staff, or the amazing amount of preps I have (7! That is a LOT of preps!) I don't like working with coworkers who don't pull their weight and put more trouble on everyone else. I don't like psycho parents who think their children are such geniuses that they should be able to take a test and then get an A without doing any work in the class. Luckily, my love of teaching far outweighs all of those little pesky things.


Travel
Even though I know Paul and I will probably stay here in Switzerland for a few more years so I am able to get more experience in a school, I am antsy to travel. I am tired of weekend trips - All the planes and buses aren't worth it for 1 or 2 nights away. I want to do a round-the-world trip, one that takes me to new and exciting places. Paul has agreed (maybe a bit reluctantly, but agreed all the same) to take 3-6 months for a little trip after we leave Switzerland and before we start our jobs in a new place. In my free time yesterday I spent a few hours looking at the places I would like to visit. I have a very long list of places (I have never even been to South America or Africa!) but I might have to concede and not go to ALL of them at once. It won't be the last vacation of my life - just maybe the last without kids :)

Cold Weather
I am a California girl through and through. I can't get away from that. Up until this week I was doing just fine - I now own scarves, gloves, hats, closed-toe shoes, leggings, and all the other its-cold-out fixins. It still doesn't help! The temperature outside on Friday was -8 (without windchill) and -23 (with windchill) and you can bet I can feel that wind. I have counteracted this by choosing not to go outside at all. I stay in my nice warm apartment in my sweatshirt and fleece pants and socks and hat and mittens... okay, maybe not the hat and mittens. Still, it is much too cold for my liking. I would like Switzerland to warm up a little. Please? 

Well folks, that's about all, I am including my most recent drawings.... some took more time than others :)



















3 comments:

  1. hey love! this font is hard to read on my mac. just wanted to let you know i had to copy and paste it in word to read. miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment, title and tag font is difficult to read. Impact->Helvetica please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the difficulty reading - It all looks fine on my computer, and I am not 100% sure how to change it :/

    ReplyDelete