Sunday, April 5, 2015

A Sunshine Day

You know those perfect, wonderful days that you wish you could hold onto and never let go? Today was one of those days. I woke up not too late and not too early, had a calm morning with tea and oatmeal, fixed up my bike, then went for my first ride since moving to Scotland. I forgot how much I absolutely love cycling. I love going new places, discovering new things, and accomplishing something. Today I followed a road I had been wondering about since we moved here, and ventured through rolling green hills, past baby lambs and cows. The brilliant blue sky was streaked only with a few white clouds, but otherwise the weather was perfect. I managed 42 kilometers, and decided since it was my first ride I shouldn't push myself. I got home to my beautiful home, and spent the rest of the afternoon in the backyard in the sunshine, sipping a Gewürztraminer, reading and just generally loving the warmth that comes from the sun. The day isn't over yet, but I had the energy to cook a fun meal of kind of my own recipe (quinoa mac and cheese with turkey and broccoli anyone?), and I'm looking forward to a quiet evening with my hubby before his job starts and all heck breaks loose. Today is a good day.





It turns out I am a California girl deep inside, no matter how much I try to hide it. I love the sunshine, I love the warmth it gives, and I deeply appreciate it every time it peeks its head out from behind the clouds. Living in Scotland, you would think this wouldn't happen often, but it's sunny more than I expected when I first moved here. Today the sunshine seemed to be the perfect addition to the day. It encouraged me to get out there and ride, to relax and read, and even to clean up the garage and get some laundry done. I think I enjoyed every moment I could, and I hope today, you had a wonderful, sunshine day too (and are enjoying a lovely Passover/Easter!).



No comments:

Post a Comment