Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Good and the Bad in February

This past week has been a roller coaster of sickness - and due to that I am late in posting about a few weekends of fun that I had at the beginning of February. Enjoy!

On being sick (the bad!)

First, an update on my health (skip down to the pictures if you're not interested!). I woke up Monday at 3am with stabbing pain in my ear. Ear pain, I will learn, should never, ever be ignored. At 8am I went into work anyways. Got yelled out and sent out of school (edit: this was for my own good - what was I thinking trying to work? I appreciate having someone looking after me!). Went to doctor. Doctor looks in my ear. "Wow, this must be really painful," he says. "Good thing you came in now or you might have ended up with a burst ear drum." I take the load of drugs he subscribes and go home, hoping to get better by Wednesday. Sleep/take drugs/drink juice/eat soup, repeat, repeat, repeat. Wednesday comes and I go to see him again. Ear looks better but now lungs are wheezy, signs of bronchitis, but it should be healed with the antibiotics I am already taking.  2 more drugs to help breathing and coughing, and a note telling me to stay off work until Monday the next week. But I have parent meetings! I am given permission to go to parent meetings as long as I try very much to NOT move, and take all my meds. Go to parent meetings. Feel awful. Sleep/meds/juice/soup. More parent meetings, more feeling awful. Then Friday comes - morning like normal, but by afternoon/evening, I'm actually not as dizzy, or sick, every time I stand up. Then Saturday and I have an appetite! Then Sunday and I finally feel like me again and I realize how sick I really was. I never believe I am sick, and so I make a miserable patient. I always think I'm making it up, so I must go back to work! Oh dear, well either way, it's work tomorrow for me, and I couldn't be more excited!!

On having fun (the good!)

Okay, on to the good stuff. A few weekends ago I met up with my friend Hannah (and her friend Katie) to go snowshoeing by lantern on the mountain, and then enjoy some fondue. It was really snowing, and it was my first time snowshoeing, but I had a blast! I wish I had remembered my inhaler, but the vin chaud helped me breath and we had such a nice time together. It reminded me to get out there more and experience this country before I go.


Vin chaud (hot wine) to start? Yes please!

The cute lanterns that lit the way - and the snow!

After the first loop, I had another vin chaud (medicinal purposes only!)
Dessert after fondue


The cute little train we took up and down the mountain

Hannah and I had a duvet/movie day the next day :) I love snuggling on a couch!
Last weekend, before I got sick, Paul and I went snowboarding. The weather in the morning was TERRIBLE and I felt like calling it a day after one run. Instead, we tried a different part of the mountain, had some lunch, and waited for the sun. We didn't have to wait long, as it arrived with a lull in the wind, and a blue, beautiful sky. We enjoyed just one area of the mountain, skiing off-piste in beautiful powder. It was such an incredible day, I can't wait for our ski week!

Weather in the morning was terrible!





Paul fell in the power and couldn't get up... hehe... not that it ever happened to me!

The sun was so bright I couldn't keep my eyes open!




No comments:

Post a Comment