Sunday, November 4, 2012

Family in the Fall

Well hello there blog, it's been a while. I know that every time I write on here I think, "I need to do this more often!" But then a month passes and I get busy and, well, you know how life is, right? So just about two weeks ago, I had a lovely visit with my family. Six of my favorite people flew all the way to Switzerland to visit me! It was such a trip to arrive in Zurich, not exhausted at all, and be able to see the people I loved. We grabbed some sandwiches, caught the next train out, and drank wine and ate chocolate the whole way home. Once I got them to the hotel, they even stayed out with Paul and I for a drink! And the adventures had not even begun! Little did they know how much fun they could have with me. This is just a little summary and picture show of our time together...

Day 1 (Friday night): Train home and drinks in the hotel pub.





Day 2 (Saturday): Late start, wander around Lausanne, viewing the old cathedral, lake front (Ouchy), dinner at Cafe de Grancy.




 
 







 


 
 
 
Day 3 (Sunday): Interlaken and Gimmelwald, shopping, mountain views, gondola ride, italian restaurant and margaritas. 



























Day 4 (Monday): Cheese and Chocolate day - Gruyere factory, Gruyere Ville to Callier and back home again. Dinner at our favorite pizza place. 





 

 
 









Day 5 (Tuesday): Tour of CERN and to the airport! It turns out I didn't take any pictures here, but we had a great time! What a lovely visit, perfect weather, and amazing company. Come back soon!

PS: Sorry if the pictures are in weird places, they look good when I edit then go all over the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment