Sunday, March 25, 2012

Can't Wait to Be Home Again





It's been a while since I've posted on here, and for good reason. I wasn't home for three weekends in a row, then last weekend all I wanted to do was sit around in my pajamas recovering (mission accomplished!). So finally I am getting around to another post. Let's do a quick recap of the last few weekends (sorry about the weird layout of the pictures, it is the one thing I can't figure out on this blog).


March 2-4 Bristol with Chloe for her Hen Night
Dinner before a night out!


Simon and Libby Napping

"What did I just drink?"
Chloe and the cutie

The crew
Everyone loves a extra large cocktail!
Such a happy baby!
Talking about suicide shots

Libby the next morning...

Dancing at the 80s club



I flew into Bristol right after our week in France to meet Chloe and Simon's happy faces (and Libby's cute smile!) I had a quiet and enjoyable chat with Chloe the first night before everyone else arrived and chaos ensued. We had a delicious indian takeaway, and retired for an early night. The next day I did a bit of shopping before all the trains/flights came in. Then the party started! We went to an interesting all you can eat restaurant, then drank at a few different pubs. Next was the 80s club - ridiculous! One more pub and we called it a night. It couldn't have been later than 1am, but we were all exhausted. 


March 9-11 Rugby (Ireland vs. Scotland) in Dublin


My friends had bought tickets to a rugby match in Ireland,  and they invited me along. We took an evening train to Zurich and caught a night flight. When we arrived in Zurich, the man at passport control was the most friendly person I have ever met at an airport. Here was our conversation (or what I can remember of it).
Guy: Hello, welcome to Ireland.
Me: Thanks (gives him my passport)
Guy: How long are you staying for?
Me: Just until Sunday
Guy: And what is the purpose of your visit?
Me: I'm here for the rugby match
Guy: Well I hope you have a great time! How are you doing?
Me: I'm okay, just a bit tired.
Guy: Well don't go to sleep, get out there and have a pint!
Me: Erm, thanks! (takes my passport back and leaves)


The match was incredible. We had seats 4 rows from the pitch and we were surrounded by some interesting people. We started drinking a bit early, but we enjoyed the whole game. We grabbed dinner afterwards (very good idea, although it was accompanied by a few more pints) then headed out to Temple Bar district. After a few bars we found a good place to stay. I spent a lot of time trying to find the toilets (I swear they hide them), and then I took a nap on the bar. At that time, I realized I am an old lady who needs to go to sleep. I said farewell to my friends and got myself home. I woke up alive with a bit of a fuzzy head the next day. We chilled until our flight then returned to Switz. 
  




   




Just in case you didn't know where the beer was....

March 16-18 Pajama Time


I drank tea and sat in my pajamas. It was a tough weekend :)

March 23-25 Now!


More tea and pajamas, although this time I managed to leave the flat for a dinner with friends and a run the following day. Oh and I saw the Hunger Games. Niiiiice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment